Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We will eat out for cabbage rolls from now on

Cabbage rolls turned out to be a fail.  Booooooooooo.

Nearly two hours of my life that I'll never get back for such an unattractive and bland thing to eat. This is where low fat can bite me.

I dunno ... I was pretty jazzed by the sound of the recipe because after all, the recipe comes from a restaurant in New York. But then again, restaurants in New York are a dime a dozen.

Here's the link to this terrible recipe:  http://homecooking.about.com/od/turkeyrecipes/r/blturkey3.htm

When I think about it, this recipe required way too many dishes, steps, ingredients and timing issues.  Plus, steps required mini steps, like carefully separating and washing cabbage leaves so they didn't rip; and getting the rind of the lemons (I just zested).

PLUS, I learnt that I should wear closed shoes or slippers when cooking, because a sizzling hot piece of onion flew out of the pan on to my foot.  Boooooooooooo.

DINNER FAIL.  Luckily, we still have some of the delicious apple-pear crumble in the fridge.  With whipped cream on top ... mmmmmmm.

On another positive note, I got the deal memo for my next gig and I am SO excited to start work!

1 comment:

  1. I added long sleeved shirts to the list of things I should wear while cooking certain things. Caramelizing stewing beef left me with several oil spatter burns on my arms ;)

    ReplyDelete