Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh, I forgot to squash them down

Latkes Attempt #4

I think this is it.  I'm sorry, but from here on out, we're turning the remains of this into quiche.

Accidentally sort of put too much oil in the frying and deep fried the latkes, but unfortunately, they aren't really cooked on the inside.  Blegh.

Decided to try different condiments.

Ketchup = meh.
Sour cream = bland.
Sour cream + peach/apple sauce = not bad but not really worth a repeat visit.
Kozlik's horseradish mustard = I was already regretting putting that much on - but actually quite delightful.
This other Dijon mustard = meh.
This other Dijon mustard with sour cream = slightly better.
Apricot jam = promising
Sour cream + apricot jam = winner

Yes, I know have a lot of time on my hands.  But today's plan is working on the second draft of my screenplay, and it's a lot more agonizing than the first draft.



No comments:

Post a Comment