Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm still not happy with this layout, but I'm doing other stuff in the meantime

I actually got several things checked off my to-do list today, which is rather phenomenal since I've spent the last few days as an uncreative slug.  I shouldn't admit that ... but here's the truth: when you work from home as a freelancer (not as a person who just happens to work from home), you have waves of creativity.  I pumped out two spec scripts* and then got pooped out.  I'm waiting for my next contract to be lined up, and there's a meeting this week for another potential project.

(* spec scripts are original scripts written by writers to provide a sample of their work using existing shows.  For example, if you wanted to work for a preschool series, you could provide a spec script of a Sesame Street episode that you wrote.)

Two of my main goals today were to 
a) digitize recipes from a cookbook that I intend to buy anyway.  I just didn't feel like spending the full $39+ it takes to get free shipping today.
b) finish reading this book that's due today at the library.  I'm ultra frugal and was so wanting to say that I managed to use the library out here without ever getting a library fine, but alas, that resolution has been broken already.  $4 later ... and now I'm racing through a non-fiction book laden with facts.  (See the review that's probably above.)

On a delightfully culinary note: I made a delicious dinner last night for about $6 that makes about 4 meals, or serves 4, since hubby had to work late again last night.

$2 - half jar of pesto
$1 - half 900 g bag of pasta (shells)
$0.75 - bunches of fresh spinach
$2 - two frozen salmon portions
$0.15 - sprinkling of Parmesan cheese - I'm guessing $0.15 since it's a big bottle
_____

$5.90 (approximately ... when you account for taxes, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment