Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Forrest Gump: I just felt like running

Okay, well, I felt like walking, not running.

After not having left the house in two days, I decided that I needed a little fresh air, and just didn't feel like doing any ab crunches, since I'm a little dubious about the cleanliness of the basement carpet.  And I wasn't really keen on vacuuming.

People out here usually say hello when they cross paths while walking, but I just wasn't in the mood, especially when people seem to stare before the opportunity presents itself.  Even the cats, raccoons and skunks seem to stare.


So I walked, and walked, and walked ... for 7 kilometres.   It was about an hour and half with the scenery consisting of factories, car dealerships, houses, banks, a tiny strip plaza, and giant mansions.   I landed up at this little park that has big rocks to sit on that overlooks the lake.  Across the way, you see the glimmering, shiny, glamorous lights of ... factories.

The park itself is somewhat idyllic, except for the idiot couple who came along with their annoying laughs.  The nice thing about Toronto is that people speak so many different languages, you can tune out what they say.  In this case, it was inane drunken chatter.  I miss you, diversity.


Exhausted, mosquito-bitten and grumpy, I didn't walk home and I called hubby to come and get me.  The nice thing about the iPhone is that you can pinpoint your location and email it.

No comments:

Post a Comment