Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shocking, rocking headlines from the town Post - July 2010

I've noticed lately that nothing much goes on here.  Lots of pictures of sunshine, rainbows and clueless looking babies.

Hubby gets the credit for first making me laugh when looking at the headlines.  We get this free paper delivered three times a week, and usually I just take the flyers and recycle the rest.  One day, he said, "When are they ever gonna have some real news?  Enough with the girl guides and the sunshine and rainbows."

So to give you an idea of what headlines are gripping the town, I'll be posting a few more as they come.

1.  Is city hall too white?  (July 2010)

6 comments:

  1. white like the paint colour or white like racially homogeneous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ... option B.

    I'm trying to search for the original article and it's unfortunately not to be found. Just a whole lot of backlash for an article that I didn't actually get to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, one rebuttal letter makes NO sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, there are 15,700 visible minorities here, representing about 10 per cent of the city's population.

    Erm ... and that is why people here often assume that I don't speak English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a comment asking if there was something particularly unique about this paper since most cities have papers which basically consist of little more than flyers and human interest news stories.

    Yeah ... there's nothing particularly unique, but I just find it funny that the paper comes out three times a week, so it's a real stretch for "news."

    ReplyDelete