Monday, January 18, 2010

Lost mittens, lost socks, lost earrings

Dear Left Mitten,

I do apologize for abandoning you somewhere in this city.  I must inform you that I tried my best to keep you on my person, using mitten clips. 

Please believe that it was an accident.  I took you off the clip because, unfortunately, you got in the way when I went hunting for produce.  It was annoying to have you drape across the butternut squashes, grazing potentially disgusting and sticky produce that oozed yuckiness.  That is not an excuse, but the reason why we are now separate.  You, perhaps in a Walmart parking lot, and I, at home, wondering where you are.

It is dark now, and my search for you would be fruitless since you would blend in with the asphalt.  Unfortunately you also have no pulse.  So I can’t call anyone but the lady at Wal-Mart who says “(that cashier) says she don’t got nothin’ there.”

Perhaps tomorrow morning, mitten, we will be reunited.

Faithfully yours,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment