Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some things just don't fit in a single Facebook status update.  And since it's relatively tame information for the public sphere, I'm okay with posting it publicly.  

Stupid f*cking sushi set
If you see the previous post about the sushi set, I'm still angry about it, but it's a non-issue for Kitchen Stuff Plus and the manufacturer, MSC International.  Kitchen Stuff Plus' president never emailed, but as I can see from recent stock updates, it's full swing in-stock, except for the two stores that don't carry it.  And it makes sense that I would never seen the offensive item in five years since I would have shopped at those exact two stores while living in Toronto.  Well, you've lost my business, Kitchen Stuff Plus.  I actually don't even like seeing your sign anymore.

I suppose the consolation is that it's not a well-known or widely popular item, so in proportion to the time it takes to rally people (many who frankly can't be rallied for a North American Asian-only cause), I at least had a go at raising awareness.

Media consumption
With being around so many writers (of books) these days, I'm always a little embarrassed by my lack of a book in hand whereas everyone else is toting one.  But then I realized that I consume a LOT of media, because I write/produce for interactive digital media.  

So the question is not "what am I reading?" but the list goes:

- What book do you have on the go?  N.M. Kelby's White Truffles In Winter
- What e-book do you have on the go?  Maya Angelou's Letters To My Daughter
- What iPhone game are you playing?  Social Girl (I know, it's like crack)
- What iPad game are you playing?  Settlers of Catan (campaigns)
- What audiobook do you have on the go?  Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
- What preschool shows did you last watch (that you enjoyed)?  Charlie and Lola, I Can Cook, Sid the Science Kid
- What tween shows did you last watch?  Suite Life on Deck
- What kids shows did you last watch (that you didn't enjoy)?  I'd rather not say publicly
- What shows are you watching in continuous sequence?  House of Lies, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl, Glee, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, The Cosby Show, Portlandia 

And while you might think I'm a complete media couch potato ... how many pounds have you recently lost?  7

No comments:

Post a Comment