Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A pretty rad thing ...

Yup ... life in a small town is just a little more manageable when you hear that the project for which you were the only writer/researcher for seasons 2 and 3 got a GEMINI NOMINATION!!!

Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen, www.TasteBudsTV.com got a GEMINI NOMINATION for Best Cross-Platform Project - Children's and Youth!!

And even though my name is not on the billing (it's all the producers' names), I am totally riding the coattails even for the nomination.  Spent time updating my LinkedIn profile, resume and Facebook status ... because my claim to fame by association on that is being THE writer/researcher for seasons 2 and 3.  CONTENT, baby, CONTENT ... is king.  So let's be clear now though that I'm not claiming ownership for all things word-related, but at least I can say that there's enough of a contribution there that I'm going to toot this horn until the if/when of a next award.

I know we'd all be jazzed about nominations for the actual show, but the website is (albeit cross-platform because of the brand but) a separate entity, and my absolute FAVOURITE gig in the whole wide world.  I love the team, I love how straightforward the tasks were, I love the positive responses I got for my work (which didn't feel like work because it was mostly fun); I love that I got to work from home; and I love how promptly I got paid compared to some other companies that take a MONTH or MORE.  (Can you tell that I'm waiting for a cheque?)  And I love that I got to speak on a panel.  [Thanks again Sasha!]

Worked on the stop-mo short today and had a fabulous day.  More on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Until I properly write about the short, I should also note that I am incredibly grateful to friends who have helped us so far. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete